The AC15, part of DoorTechnik's range of acoustic doors, is a high performance steel doorset designed to reduce the passage of air transmitted sound. As part of a suitable acoustic enclosure or wall, the AC15 may be used to insulate noisy environments from quiet environments.
Developed from our G15 doorsets, the AC15 has been tested to BS EN ISO 140-3 : 1995 and is available with weighted sound reduction values (Rw) of 33 - 41dB depending on specification. The AC15 may be fire rated up to 2 hours, and as such, is part of our range of fire doors.
If you have particular requirements for noise control, which may involve specific frequencies or exceptionally high noise levels, please contact us. As the AC15 is custom built for each application, we can make doorsets especially for your project.
Facts about acoustic doors
- The Weighted Sound Reduction Value (Rw) provides a single number derived from a laboratory test of building elements at multiple sound frequencies.
- The higher the Rw value, the better the sound insulation.
- The Rw value uses a log scale, so that increasing the value by 5 or 6 would actually double the sound insulation.
- For AC15 doors of the same size, doors with a higher Rw value are heavier than those with a lower value.
- AC15 doors have good seals; we have to make them as air-tight as possible.
- Multiple locking points aid air-tightness, particularly on large doors, and hence increase the sound insulation.
The AC15 has many noise control applications, including:
- Recording studios
- Industrial processes
- Interview rooms
Finishes and materials
Available in plastisol, galvanized steel powder coated to any BS or RAL colour, stainless steel or Rimex material.
Door construction of 1.5mm steel, with acoustic core materials and internal reinforcing. Thickness 45 or 55mm. Mortice sash lock with lever handles and euro profile cylinder, or surface mounted heavy duty 3-point locking system.
Frame construction of 1.5mm steel, with acoustic core materials and internal reinforcing, integral frame adjusting screws and flexible acoustic seals. Adjustable standard hinges or continuous stainless steel hinge to suit door weight.
Powered acoustic doorset, 4.2m wide x 3.5m high, for vehicle testing station